Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Month of Pumpkins - Day 28

This is the Pum-King. I've been wanting to paint him since about a week into my project. I just wasn't sure what he was going to look like. This is how he revealed himself to me today and the robins wanted to be part of the show, too. As I continue to work on my illustration, I realize it's best to go with my first instinct even if I don't know exactly where I'm going. Somehow the image works itself out once I put my pencil to paper. It's best if I don't think too hard. Also, there are lots of little things around for inspiration like the robins who were happily jumping around in the leaves the other day when I got home.

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Are you out of ideas yet, Kathy?
Each one is so unique. Love them all.

Kathy Jurek said...

Hi Carol...not yet! but I feel like I'm running out of time especially today. It may be a late night. ;)

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...