Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Month of Pumpkins Day 13

This is another reference from my friend Theresa. Thanks, Theresa!!! Her dog, Belle, is the star along with her pumpkin co-stars. I started sketching this on a 7 x 5 piece of watercolor paper but my brain couldn't draw the dog that small and once I got the dog drawn, it would only fit on a quarter sheet of watercolor paper. This is my biggest pumpkin painting so far this month though I have one waiting in the wings ready to paint. Believe it or not I haven't run out of ideas yet....

2 comments:

Theresa Rhodus said...

OMG she's beautiful! We are going to have to find paintings to trade again or I'm buying it.

Kathy Jurek said...

Im glad you like it Theresa. We'll figure something out. I'm planning on heading to see Iver tomorrow to get my other paintings scanned.

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...