Saturday, October 02, 2010

Illustration Friday - "Beneath"

Beneath...hmmmm....It's hard not to think scary and the idea just flowed into my sketchbook in about 5 minutes. I traced it, scanned it and cleaned it up a bit. I'm not really experienced in digital art. It took forever to clean up where the scanner had picked up spots I had erased. Probably would've been a lot easier to retrace it! This was really fun to though.

Every child's fear be it sofa or bed.


I decided to paint this after I posted and here's the colorized version...


4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

That is awesome Kathy. My grandson recently went through something similar. He invented this thing called the MANBAT that lives in the woods behind our house and scared the bejeepers out of himself. Aren't imaginations great?

IVYALLOVER said...

very cute idea! Thanks for sharing your colored version too ♥

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Great idea! Love the movement in the painting :)

claudine hellmuth said...

so perfect for the theme! i love both the color and sketch!

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...