Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Month of Pumpkins - Day 19 - Get a FREE Print!

I decided today that I want to give some pumpkin prints away. I don't know which one or if you will have a choice and it depends on how many I end up giving away but if you leave a comment on my blog from now 10/19-10/31, I will contact you and you can let me know if you'd like a free print! So tell anyone who might be interested in my pumpkin project!

I love it when artists I admire post works in progress or sketches so I can see their process so I thought I'd snap some pictures of this painting while I was working. Sometimes I forget to stop painting to take the picture but I got a pretty good progression.

This painting is 11 x 14 gessoed watercolor paper like Day 5. The colors I used: Raw sienna and Cobalt Blue for background left side and down. Green Gold for background behind marigolds.



New Gamboge, Cadmium Yellow, Lemon Yellow and Permanent Rose
 Hookers Green, Scarlet Lake, Burnt Sienna, Alizarin Crimson, Winsor Blue
Foliage is different mixtures of Hookers Green, Winsor Green, Scarlet Lake and Permanent Alizarin Crimson.
 The shadow is Winsor Blue with a touch of Perm. Alizarin Crimson. I deepended the shadows on the pumpkin with Burnt Sienna and Alizarin Crimson, Hookers Green.

10 comments:

Theresa Rhodus said...

Wow So full of light!

Kristen Deane said...

Kathy,

It is so neat to see your process! Working with you during the day I can always see the "gears turning" in your creative mind! Thank you for sharing your ideas and work with me.

Kristen Deane

Amanda Makepeace said...

How generous of you! And what a beautiful pumpkin - I'm going to add this to the EBSQ Friday Five tomorrow. ;)

Christie said...

How generous of you! You work is beautiful. I am really enjoying all the different pumpkin scenes you are creating!

Loredana Mariotto said...

Kathy, I love your work in progress, your idea of a pumpkins serie is pretty nice I enjoy all ofthem.
+, thanks a lot for inviting me to join your give away.

Can't wait to see the next!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Wonderful to see a work-in-progress. And I really enjoy your "Month of Pumpkins". All are so great.

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Beautiful work! Congrats on being featured on EBSQ Friday Five!

Lee Pierce said...

Great work, Kathy! I just saw you on the EBSQ Friday Five!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

thanks so much for the WIP!

Leslie (Handrigan) Mehalek said...

Hi Kathy! What a fun project, I have been checking out your work everyday. I really love how you showed the steps in your creation with this one. I was not blessed with your gift, I can't even draw a convincing stick figure!! I appreciate your dedication and hard work and think that you are a very creative and gifted artist. Keep up the great work!

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...