Friday, October 22, 2010

A Month of Pumpkins Day 22 / Illustration Friday "Racing"

Wow, I'm getting closer to the end of the month and I still have lots of ideas. I'm really excited about some of the illustrations floating around in my head. Today's Pumpkin painting is also inspired by Illustration Friday's theme of Racing.
The four remaining mouse racers flew over the hill desperately trying to outrun each other as they closed in on the finish in their pumpkin race cars.......


 I almost forgot to mention that my blog was featured on EBSQArt.com's "Friday Five" Blog post today. I've been a member of EBSQ for about 5 years. Go check it out!

7 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

so fun! great detail on doing the finish line word backwards as if we are seeing it from behind!

Missy said...

Ohhhh -this might be my new favorite!

Carol Blackburn said...

What fun you must have had painting this one!

Morph Waffle said...

Ha, this is so cute, I want to race in a pumkin car.

Juan said...

Beautiful illustration!

MrBibleHead said...

Congrats on the EBSQ feature Kathy! Your pumpkins ROCK! Love your IF illo too! Great action and characters!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Absolutely great take on the topic: racing in pumpkins! Wonderful!

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...