Saturday, October 09, 2010

Illustration Friday "Transportation" / Month of Pumpkins Day 9

Here is my illustration for IF's "transportation" theme. It's also day 9 of my project to paint one pumpkin painting a day during October. Yesterday I went out to Glenwood, Iowa to visit a friend and photograph pumpkins. We encountered a few garden friends - a huge praying mantis and lots of box elder beetles amongst the marigolds and mums. I imagine later that afternoon they got together with some moths and took a ride in a pumpkin carriage pulled by a garter snake off to a Fall gathering somewhere in the Glenwood Woods.

4 comments:

E.V. said...

nice...i love your technique!

steve said...

Beautifully done - very magical.

Morph Waffle said...

Cute and love your pumpkin project idea.

MrBibleHead said...

Wow! Wonderful work Kathy! I had to zoom in to see all the wonderful details! Excellent!!

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...