Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bella Revisited - Watercolor Dog Portrait

I painted Bella the first time in December 2008. This is a much larger portrait I just finished. It measures 16 x 20 in. When I work larger like this I like to stretch my watercolor paper. It really is a pleasure to paint on. I might have to quit being lazy and start stretching smaller works.

If you don't know how, here is a link to instructions on how to stretch watercolor paper. The only step I didn't do was pre-soak my paper which I don't think it necessary. (I use 140lb Arches cold press). It is well worth the few extra minutes to stretch your paper!

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

She is soooooooo adorable.

Lee Pierce said...

Priceless! What a princess!! Nicely done, Kathy ;)

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...