Friday, January 04, 2008

Portrait of a Gentleman

Boy, did I need to paint this today, something just for myself without any expectations. I haven't played on Wetcanvas for a long time but I checked the All Media Art Events Forum today and one of my friends in that forum was hosting this week's all media event. This is her stepdad. I haven't done a portrait in a couple of weeks. I took my time drawing this one before I started painting (about an hour). I lost track of time after a while but I've got 3 1/2 - 4 hours into it.

"Woody"
Watercolor 9 x 6.5


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW you nailed Woody Kathy! I thought it was a commission. It's simply well done!

mousewords said...

It's awesome!

Hi, Kathy! So glad I found your blog through Melanie! :-):-)

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...