Monday, September 21, 2015

Recap of Southwest Iowa Art Tour

Inside the new gallery, Fine Art on Fifth
This past weekend was the second year of the Southwest Iowa Art Tour which included ten communities.
I had the pleasure of being in Malvern, Iowa for the second year and all of us displaying were in both the Classic Cafe, a local restaurant, as well as at the new art gallery, Fine Art on Fifth. We were so thrilled by the number of people who came through Malvern to see the art and make purchases for their homes. There was a steady stream of enthusiastic people the whole weekend. The people are why I love living in the Midwest (it's definitely not for the cold!) 
This weekend was the soft opening of the new gallery which has lived many different lives from housing junk to being a laundromat and a chicken hatchery! With rustic walls of brick and up-cycled barn wood, it is being transformed into a charming creative space. A group of us whipped it into shape last Friday filling it with paintings, prints, and 3-d work by a dozen area artists.
One of my good friends, Marge Boska, is going to be the proprietor and we are all excited by the enthusiastic support from Malvern residents as well as those in surrounding communities. The grand opening is scheduled for early November to coincide with Malvern's beloved local artist, Zack Jones' holiday open house at his Art Church. I plan on both showing in the gallery and offering watercolor classes. I will keep you updated.
I'm calling SWI Art Tour 2015 a success. We had perfect weather and this introvert thoroughly enjoyed her weekend visiting with everyone who came through Malvern on the Southwest Iowa Art Tour. And warmest thanks to those of you who purchased artwork from me and signed up for my monthly newsletter. I wouldn't be here without your continuing support. ;)

If you would like to receive my monthly newsletter, please go to my website, or you can sign up to get blog posts here on my blog or follow me on Facebook (links are in the sidebar).

No comments:

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...