Thursday, April 21, 2011

Illustration Friday "Journey"


Last Friday's IF topic was Journey. These turn into week long projects for me and today is the deadline. This is a day in the life of my cat, Juliet. It's not a real traveling type of journey because she doesn't meander far from our yard but this is her world. She's a real character and I think I've captured her spirit and body language. That one of her lying on the patio is so typical with her long, lanky body relaxing in the sun. The life of a cat.

This second sketch was my idea for the previous week's topic "Bottled". I doodled while my husband and I drove down the Missouri Watercolor Society's Annual Show that weekend. I just had to chuckle because it looks so similar to the one that was chosen for IF's home page - I like mine better though. :) I'll paint this one up and try to get it posted in the next few days.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

This was my first week participating in IF, and I barely made the deadline today :-)
I love your style here.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

LOL! The cat one made me smile. I have a cat...or rather, she has ME for a pet I guess I should say! LOL!

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...