Monday, July 05, 2010

Showdown

6 x 11 in.

Using a reference from this weekend's All Media Events paint out this weekend plus a little imagination, I created this little illustration. I also opened the unused bottle of masking fluid that's been sitting on my desk for a while so I could save the lattice and go at the background with loose washes. I've always thought I wasn't very imaginative but am starting to realize it's a muscle that needs to be flexed and the more I do it the more I realize I can. My challenge to you is to not worry about creating a masterpiece the next time you start a painting but to decide to just go for it. Grab a big brush and don't be afraid to splash on the paint! No dry brushing allowed. Use lots of water - you're using water color

No comments:

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...