Monday, December 28, 2009

In the Spirit of Painting Quickly

Jumping off from yesterday, I decided to do another quick 5 x 7 painting (especially since I spent most of my afternoon with my nose in a book.) This took me an hour.
A few years ago I was part of a project with my daughter's 4/5 grade Montessori class. The teacher had won a grant to spend time doing art once a week with the nursing home residents who lived behind the school. I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and got to be the one who facilitated the art. At the end of the school year, we had a show where we displayed all of the art projects we had done. We had cookies and the students brought books over to read to some of the residents that we worked with.


No comments:

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...