Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Plains to Planes Project

I'm three days into painting my first bench for the Sarpy County Nebraska Plains to Planes Project. Here are a few progress photos. I painted part of the airplane with silver paint and my husband and I decided it was too flat and tacky looking so yesterday I painted it gray. I'm still working on flesh tones for the figures. I think it looks too hot right now so I'll be making some changes and softening the skin.

For this project, I decided to try Chroma Atelier acrylics. They are marketed as being blendable like oils. It's been ages since I painted in oils but as long as you keep your mist bottle handy, I agree that they are easier to work with than traditional acrylics.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a lot of hard work!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a big undertaking. How big is the bench? What is it made of?

Kathy Jurek said...

Hi Ozarkie...They're about 4 feet wide made out of steel...very heavy.

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...