I'm three days into painting my first bench for the Sarpy County Nebraska Plains to Planes Project. Here are a few progress photos. I painted part of the airplane with silver paint and my husband and I decided it was too flat and tacky looking so yesterday I painted it gray. I'm still working on flesh tones for the figures. I think it looks too hot right now so I'll be making some changes and softening the skin.
For this project, I decided to try Chroma Atelier acrylics. They are marketed as being blendable like oils. It's been ages since I painted in oils but as long as you keep your mist bottle handy, I agree that they are easier to work with than traditional acrylics.