Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Miniature Portrait Work in Progress


This is the beginning of a miniature painting for an upcoming show that I'm hoping to enter if I can get this finished and framed in time. My reference is a picture of my daughter. I'm using hot press paper because it is easier to get finer detail and you can build up layers and paint similarly to the way you would with oil or acrylic.
I was looking at some of the winners from The Miniature Art Society of Florida's last show and you should see how detailed they are! (Click on that link in the first sentence.) I've found some really tiny brushes in my collection and I'm trying to go slowly. They say that these can take as long as large paintings. Even though I'm going slowly, it's still a much smaller area to cover so hopefully, I will have this done in the next couple of evenings.

No comments:

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...